Moving locations can be difficult – new routines, new employer, new city, etc. One of the challenges of Visa holders in the US is navigating the extremely complex tax law.
Fortunately, we have countless clients in the same situation – most our firm started in the US as Visa holders ourselves, so our experience is both personal as well as professional.
Some of the challenges associated with this type of return may include:
- Residency period (are we filing full-year resident or partial year)
- Assets outside of US and possible requirements to report these assets
- Possible taxes owed on foreign income
- Reporting foreign trusts, retirement accounts, etc.
- Receipt of gifts & required disclosures
- Possible tax-related deductions on your US returns
- Important, strict deadlines to be considered
We are happy to prepare your taxes regardless of the challenges associated with the engagement. Some common visa types that our clients hold include, but are not limited to: F1, J1, L1, G4, etc.
Please reach out at our contact information below.