Filing tax returns with equity
We specialize in taxation of equity income, which includes RSU, ESPP, ISO, NSO, 83(b), and other equity-related items. For assistance filing a tax return, please contact us below and we will reach out in a matter of a few hours.
Happy to cover any equity-related items, such as carryover of AMT credits, AMT tax, capital gains tax, sell-to-cover RSUs, and any other equity-related concerns. Just contact us below.
Planning strategies for those receiving equity
Due to our large technology client base, we are frequently approached with the following questions:
- How many RSUs should I sell? How much tax should I set aside based on this sale? If I have a certain cash target, what is the total amount of RSUs I should sell?
- My company has granted me stock options. How many should I exercise before I hit AMT?
- If I only have a given amount of cash to pay tax, what is the most I can exercise?
- Are there any tax-saving strategies for me available in these situations?
- Should I then sell the underlying equity? How many share should I sell?
- How will this be affected by share price?
- Should I make estimated tax payments, and if so, how much?
- Can I construct a plan for more than one year of equity vesting, exercises, and sales?
- I am leaving my company & must make an ISO vs. NSO decision
These (and more) are all common scenarios that we compute for the clients.
Contact us at email@example.com if you would like to get started with an analysis or to book a consultation to discuss strategy.