Some common questions we hear from our clients who received or are receiving inheritances are:
- Do I need to pay any tax for the inheritance?
- How much can I inherit without paying tax?
- What Inheritance tax exemptions can be applied to me?
- What states impose an inheritance tax? What are the tax rates?
- What is my basis in the assets that I inherit?
- How much tax do I have to pay on the gain when I sell the inherited assets?
- Is there a way to avoid inheritance tax?
- Instead of inheritance, will I have to pay tax if it is a gift?
- If the inheritance is from a non-US person, what are the US tax effects?
- If I am a non-US person, what filings do I need to handle for my US relative?
Contact Dimov Tax team with the form below today if you have any questions about the inheritance.
Need some help? Please fill out the form below and one of our specialists will get back to you immediately.