Still accepting new clients! Call (866) 681-2140

F1 and FJ Visa Taxes

An F1 visa is issued to international students who are attending an academic program or English Language program at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, high school, or other academic institutions. 

An J1 visa is issued to exchange visitors who intend to participate in an approved program for the purpose of teaching, instructing or lecturing, studying, etc. 

F1 and J1 visa holders may still be required to file a US tax returns if they have income from US source. Whether a Form 1040 or Form 1040-NR should be filed depends on the resident alien status. F1 and J1 visa holders are exempted individuals. Even if they meet the Substantial Presence Test, they may still be considered as non-resident alien if they meet the requirements. 

Dimov Tax have clients in over 50 countries. We are specialized in foreign nationals’ tax filings. 

If you have any questions regarding your taxes (or need assistance filing), just contact us below & we will be more than happy to assist you.

Need help with F1 and J1 Visa Taxes?

Call us today at (866) 681-2140, email us at, or fill out the form and we’ll get in touch immediately.

"*" indicates required fields

✓ Valid number ✕ Invalid number

Award-winning global customer service.


Dimov Tax is rated 5 stars on all major review platforms including Google, Yelp, Facebook, Angie’s List, Better Business Bureau, TaxBuzz, Thumbtack, Upwork, Bark, and much more.