Capital gains are common for our client base & may result from:
- Equity compensation, vested shares, RSUs, etc.
- Sale of a primary residence or rental property
- Liquidation of stock portfolio or inherited assets
- Sale of business interest or sale of entire company
For these types of situations, we are frequently approached with the following questions:
- How much tax should I set aside for this proposed situation (planning)?
- Are there any tax-saving strategies for me available for me to limit my capital gains?
- Can I use tax-loss harvesting techniques to optimize my tax obligation?
- Can you assist with filing my annual tax return?
- Should I make estimated tax payments, and if so, how much?
- How are state taxes computed?
- Are there better tax outcomes if I wait?
- If I am selling a rental property, how is depreciation recapture accounted for?
- If I am selling inherited assets, what is my “cost basis?”
- Can I construct a plan for more than one year of equity vesting, exercises, and sales?
These (and more) are all common scenarios that we compute for the clients.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get started with an analysis, tax return, or to book a consultation to discuss strategy.
Need some help? Please fill out the form below and one of our specialists will get back to you immediately.
"*" indicates required fields